International Spring Wine Flight Features
This Spring, we are saying cheers to the season by introducing two unique international wine flights featuring refreshing and crisp white and rosé selections. Ushering in the highly anticipated outdoor dining season, we invite you to to bask in the sunshine at our newly reopened patios while enjoying these flights of wines from Provence, Burgundy, Argentina and more. Available now through June for $25 each at Smith & Wollensky locations in Boston, Chicago, Columbus, Houston and Miami Beach:
White Wine Flight
- Bodega Colomé Torrontes – a light, refreshing wine with Muscat notes redolent of jasmine and orange blossoms.
- Schloss Johannisberg Gelblack Qualitatswein Feinherb Riesling – a single-vineyard German Riesling wine that is firm and fresh on the palate, well-balanced and crisp acidity. The nose is young with white flowers, grinded lemon peel and pears.
- Louis Latour Montagny 1er cru “la Grande Roche” Chardonnay- this wine reveals delicious floral aromas of honeysuckle. Full in the mouth with notes of almond, apricot and pepper, the finish is fresh with a hint of mint.
Rosé Wine Flight
- Chateau d’Esclans “Whispering Angel” – a Provence rosé with a lovely bright pink color and crystal clarity to the berry flavors. Powerful yet elegant with plenty of minerality and balanced spice notes. The long finish lingers with white pepper and wisps of red peach.
- Domaine De Cala Classic – blending Cinsault, Syrah, and Grenache red varietals with Rolle white grapes, the French wine greets the nose with aromas of white flower followed by those of exotic fruits- lemony, with notes of peach.
- Domaine De Cala Prestige – a more exclusive, elevated take on its original rosé. The shiny, clear, salmon-pink color with brilliant reflections entices the palate, and the wine exudes initial aromas of grapefruit and citrus and secondary notes of cherry and strawberry.
In addition to the Chateau d’Esclans “Whispering Angel” rosé, Smith & Wollensky Columbus features the following rosé flight exclusive to this location:
- Jean Luc Colombo Cape Bleue Rosé- this delicate, expressive rosé has subtle hints of peach, rose petal, watermelon, and tropical fruit.
- Bertani Bertarose- this wine exhibits fresh scents of white flowers, cherry, roses and strawberries and is crisp with good body and acidity.
Richard Cheshul, National Wine Program Director, shares insight about our chosen wines in these tasting flights: “We chose to feature wines from internationally acclaimed producers that truly are exceptional expressions of varietal, style, and location. Just as Spring ushers in a season of freshness and vitality, these wines too express the true essence of Spring and can be enjoyed both indoors and out, by themselves or accompanied by any number our new seasonally inspired dishes.”
These premium wine flight offerings pair perfectly with an array of spring menu starters such as Steak Tartare (capers, onion, Dijon, crostini), Clams Casino (Applewood smoked bacon, oregano, Parmesan bread crumbs), Signature Crab Cake (jumbo lump, cognac mustard and ginger sauces) or a Shellfish Tower to share (lobster, Alaskan king crab, jumbo shrimp, oysters and clams paired with classic cocktail sauce, cognac mustard sauce, ginger sauce and sherry mignonette), to name a few.
Guests are invited to enjoy the transportive powers of a full-bodied rosé from the south of France paired with entrée selections such as the Oscar Style Filet (colossal lump crab meat, asparagus and Hollandaise) or savor a glass of acclaimed Argentinian white with notes of jasmine and orange blossom to complement every transcendent forkful of a seafood dish like the Salmon Steak (fennel pollen, nicoise vegetables, caper vinaigrette). The carefully curated collection of wines available make for an unmatched wine tasting experience. From delicious floral aromas of honeysuckle and hints of mint to delicate wisps of peach, rose petal, watermelon, and tropical fruit, each wine has its own unique story to tell.
Dine for lunch, happy hour or dinner and indulge in these spring white and rosé wine flights while they are on the menu for a limited time this season.