Recipe: Coffee & Cocoa Rubbed Filet Mignon
Coffee & Cocoa Rub
4 oz. Ground coffee
4 oz. Cocoa powder
2 oz. Ground cinnamon
4 oz. Porcini mushroom powder
4 oz. Kosher Salt
1. Combine all ingredients & store in a sealed container.
Ancho Chile Butter
2 lb. Butter, softened
3 oz. Ancho Pepper; hydrated, seeded, stems removed
3 oz. Roasted garlic cloves
½ oz. Cilantro, chopped
1 oz. Scallion, chopped
¼ cup Lime zest
1 Tbsp Lime juice
1 oz. Kosher salt
1. Purée the garlic and ancho chiles.
2. Add all ingredients to softened butter, mix well.
3. Roll in plastic wrap and freeze.
4. Slice in 1 oz. rounds.
1 cup Wondra® flour
1 cup All purpose flour
2 tsp Cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp Chili powder
2 Tbsp Kosher salt
1 lb. White Spanish onions, sliced very thin
1. Combine all of the dry ingredients, mix well.
2. Toss the onions in the dry mix until well coated, shake off excess mix.
3. Fry in hot oil in small batches, drain on paper towels.
Coffee & Cocoa Filet
1 ea 14 oz. Filet Mignon
1 oz. Coffee rub sauce
2 oz. Ancho chile butter
1 oz. Angry onions
1. Season the filet on all sides generously with the coffee rub and broil to desired temperature.
2. Top the filet with 2 (1-oz.) rounds of the ancho chile butter and flash under the broiler to melt.
3. Garnish with 1 oz. of angry onions and chopped parsley.