Smith & Wollensky Partner with Clarke: Mac N Cheese Recipe
At Smith & Wollensky we are all committed to giving back during this time. With that, our team is looking at ways to continue community outreach and work with local partners, like Clarke – New England’s Official Sub-Zero, Wolf & Cove Showroom and Test Kitchen.
Clarke has been a cornerstone of the appliance industry in New England. For 50 years, Clarke has grown to be the nation’s most exemplary distributor with three award-winning showrooms (known as the region’s ultimate kitchen resource centers), a Culinary Center teaching cooking to homeowners throughout New England, a nationally known appliance service company and a network of stellar independent retail dealers.
In a time of crisis we wanted to work with local partners to showcase that we are now, more than ever, committed to working as one team and staying in touch with our guests and customers no matter what. So we thought, who better to partner with to create our favorite Smith & Wollensky dishes during this crisis, in the Clarke Showroom and Test Kitchen and bring them into your homes and kitchens via video! Thank you to the team at Clarke for continued support and assistance! We’ll all get thru this TOGETHER!
See below our latest recipe and video to follow along with Chef Matt at the Clarke Showroom and Test Kitchen, for you to go along with at home, in your own test kitchen.
AN INSIDE LOOK INTO OUR FAVORITE
MAC ‘N’ CHEESE
Follow @ChefMattKing on Instagram to stay up to date with what he is cooking
4 Tbsp Un Salted Butter
1 Quart Heavy Cream
¼ Cup Minced Onions
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
1 Cup Shredded Parmesan
1 Cup Shredded Gruyere
1 lb. Dry Pasta Campagnelle
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil the Pasta cool and Reserve.
- Sweat the onions and garlic in the butter until soft.
- Add flour to form a roux, cook on low heat for 5 min.
- Add the heavy cream and bring to a simmer.
- Blend the onions and garlic into the cream.
- Mix the cheeses together and add 3.4 of the mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the pasta and the hot sauce, place in an oven safe dish.
- Top the mixture with the remaining shredded cheese and the crushed Ritz crackers.
- Bake for 15 min at 350 degrees or until hot